Tuesday, February 3, 2009

As my day starts

 I suppose we are all alike to an extent? I don't know. But I think it's fairly possible. As I said, to an extent or degree. I think we all want to be accepted, loved, cherished and we all like things in our own little unique ways.
 My ways are simple, I like things where I left them. Mind you, they are not generally in the middle of the living room floor, but still, I like to come home each day and find things just as I left them. I like to have the same routine, even the same meal for lunch every day. Well Most every day. I do things, this random order if you will, to save time. I save time by making things easier, no decisions that make me think beyond  a second or two. I am a weird little person, this much I do know, and am oft reminded by my friends. I laugh, and say, yep, I am. I have this theory I guess, that if you don't have to decide what clothes to wear, that you have them prepared before hand, you don't waste time making decisions what to wear. I have my scrubs, my work attire if you will, all planned out according to the day of the week so when that said day comes, I do not waste time say hmm, shall I wear this today? It's all planned out, in my little scheme of things, and all I simply have to do is go into my closet, pull out Tuesday's outfit and put it on and go. 

 I do the same thing with my lunch. I take the same boring food to eat, every single day, for as long as at least three years. I eat a pepper jack cheese sandwich, I eat sun chips, garden salsa flavor, and an apple. However, over the course of the last few weeks I have added an upgrade if you will, an orange. If I had to sit back and try to formulate meals in my head for each day, I would literally go insane. I think that it's a waste of precious time. People do not know or understand how I can eat the same thing every day, for days, even weeks on end. It's simple, I hate spending time making decisions that are lengthy, wasteful, and sometimes, to me, silly.

 I do come home each evening, place my car keys in the same place, my purse hangs on the same door knob, and my coat hangs up in the same place that I took it from. I hate losing things, and for me, placing them in the same place each day, helps me to keep them within my view. Boring? Predictable? I answer yes to both of those questions, but still, it helps me save time looking for my keys, wondering where I put my coat, or where did I leave my purse? I think for the most part, I lead a very simple life, and so I do, yet, I can sit here at the end of my day, typing away on the computer, or reading books, and not have to worry where my keys are. Or if I will have to hunt something to wear for the next day, it's already planned out, layed out, and ready for me to put on, pick up and take off. 

 Some may think I am crazy, some think I am weird, and others, well... they just love me anyway. And for that, I am especially grateful

No comments: